Five Free Things to Do
If you are looking for a Smoky Mountain vacation that stands out in your memories for years to come, it is time to plan an adventure to action-packed Pigeon Forge. If you are traveling on a budget there is no need to worry because there are plenty of fun, free activities that will keep you busy in the area. By making accommodations through cabin rentals in the Smoky Mountains, you can maximize the fun of your stay.
Five Free Things to Do in Your Pigeon Forge Vacation
- Probably the first and foremost best free stop in the area is Cades Cove. Located in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park just outside of Townsend, this magnificent scenic drive winds through the valley past historic churches and homesteads, and offers campgrounds, bike rentals, live demonstrations, a gift shop, plenty of hiking trails, and the opportunity to view wildlife in its natural habitat.
- Sugarlands Visitors Center is also a must-stop. This is a welcome center for the national park located just outside of Gatlinburg. It has a 20-minute orientation movie that gives an in-depth look at the Smokies. There is a natural history exhibit featuring mounted specimens of park animals in recreated displays of their natural habitats. You can see reproductions of journals kept by the earliest park rangers, get information about hiking and camping, and visit the park gift shop all in one convenient location.
- Patriot Park is located in downtown Pigeon Forge. It has a historic patriot missile, a giant liberty bell, all 50 state flags, and a picnic pavilion.
- Just a short drive from Gatlinburg through the national park, Clingman’s Dome offers a steep one-half mile hike to the top lookout along with great views from the level parking area. The view from the dome is well worth the trek and you can take amazing photos.
- Newfound Gap Road is a 33-mile road that completely traverses the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. It goes from Gatlinburg to Cherokee, NC, offering great views, historic structures, and the chance to see wildlife up close.
Plan Your Pigeon Forge Trip By The Smoky Mountains
Plan the perfect getaway with cabin rentals in the Smokies so you can access Sevierville, Pigeon Forge, and Gatlinburg and all of the great attractions and sites available. Kajun Cabin Rentals offers a variety of cabins in the area with various features and in convenient locations. Call 865-315-2027 to schedule your stay!