Plenty of Things to do in Gatlinburg
When you visit Gatlinburg, Tennessee, and the surrounding area you won’t be disappointed. There are plenty of things to choose from to keep you busy. You will have plenty of fun things to choose from with fun-filled adventure for all ages and all interests.
After one visit to Gatlinburg, you will definitely want to come back time and time again. Here are some of the great attractions you will want to check out when you are visiting the area:
- Ober Gatlinburg – The state’s only combined ski resort and amusement park. It has skiing, snowboarding, and snow tubing in the winter and water rides, an alpine slide, and an alpine coaster for the warmer months. There is year-round ice skating.
- Ripley’s Aquarium of the Smokies – Enjoy seeing the creatures from the sea up close. Walk through the tunnel filled with sharks, eels, barracuda, and other creatures from the deep blue sea, including Sally, the giant sea turtle. It is ranked as one of the top 5 aquariums in the nation.
- Hollywood Star Cars Museum – See more than 40 cars from Hollywood movies and TV shows. From the favorites of yesterday, such as the Beverly Hillbillies, the Dukes of Hazzard, and Smoky and the Bandit to the more popular movies of recent years, including Fast and the Furious and Avengers.
- Cooter’s Place in the Smokies – Take a trip back to the 1980s when the Dukes of Hazzard was popular. Owned by Ben Jones, who portrayed Cooter on the television show, there is a souvenir shop, collectible items on display, mini golf, and go-carts. You can also get your photo taken in an authentic General Lee from the television series. There are also frequent visits from cast members who sign autographs and greet visitors.
- Space Needle – Ride in a glass elevator more than 400 feet to a new observation deck with a 360-degree view of downtown and the mountain vistas as a distance. The lower level includes a pizza parlor, an escape game, laser tag, and an arcade.
If you are planning a visit to the Smoky Mountains, make your trip an even more memorable by staying at a cabin rental by Gatlinburg. Kajun Cabins has cabins ranging from one-bedroom to four bedrooms with a variety of comforts and amenities to meet your needs. Contact us today at 865-315-2027 to make your Smoky Mountain reservations!